Friday, December 3, 2010

It's a Marshmellow World in England!

The title says it all... Snow has covered every part of this country, which essentially means the entire country shuts down. Haha! They are not prepared for this kind of weather AT ALL! We have been watching the news every night, and every time they report something like 2,000+ cars have either slid off the road or shut down in a ditch somewhere. Airports have closed, trains stopped moving mid-way through there trip... it's chaos!!
Where I am though, there is probably only about an inch or two on the ground, but it's enough to warrant many complaints and preventing the worriers from taking on the roadways. The issue in England too is the small, narrow roads that are all throughout the countryside. People are just abandoning their cars in huge drifts, unable to move.
It is truly a Canadian winter over here! (Which I love, of course!)

I have continued working for David this week, making some extra pocket money for my next little adventure, which is SPAIN!!!!
I am flying to Valencia this coming Sunday to go and stay with my friend from Canada, Valerie. She is studying there, and is going to show me around the city for a few days!
The two of us are then hopping on a plane and flying to PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, this is a city that I have never been to for some odd reason, and I am absolutely ECSTATIC to finally be visiting!
I'm spending five full days there, staying at a hostel called ''Peace and Love'' near the Notre Dame area. I have been given a list by Paris experts (David and Kim), so I now have a full five days in Paris ahead of me.
Fingers crossed that the weather holds out-- I plan on walking EVERYWHERE!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment