Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bienvenue à Paris!!

I have finally arrived in Paris!!!
It has certainly been a mission, with all of the snow they have been getting...
Our plane last night landed early, however it took us two and a half hours to get on the shuttle that would take us in to Paris. It was madness... MADNESS I SAY!
Val and I walked out of the airport to the bus area only to be greeted by a mob of angry French travellers all attempting to do the same thing we were. There was no order, no control, just crowds of people rushing to every bus that would pull in the parking lot. People were getting squished, angry French curses were being shouted--it was mayhem. All because of the weather...a mere three inches of snow on the ground.
Finally we managed to elbow our way up to the front, and we made it to our hostels.

This morning I woke up with a mission-- I had to find my way to the department store, FNAC, to pick up ,y ticket for tonights event, Red Bull 3style Finals Competition that is being held here in Paris.
I started out with some measly directions, all in French of course, and just decided to go with it. The city was bustling! After all the horrible weather, the sun was shining today, melting away the slushy snow.
I ended up spilling onto the main shopping area of Gallerie Lafayette... it was incredible. These Christmas decorations in the windows put the Bay to SHAME. Absolutely stunning.
I finally managed to pick up my ticket, god knows how I made it...

Heading to the event tonight, and Moulin Rouge tomorrow! Rich also arrives tomorrow night!
Good times ahead...

The man behind me is listening to French rap...lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment